Aromatic Lavender Biscuits are a healthy sugar, gluten and salt-free, crunchy biscuit!
They offer a satiating balance of carbohydrates, protein and fats, are a therapeutic tasty munch in the morning or afternoon with a cup of tea. The burst of lavender oil helps to relax and sooth the soul, adding an extra therapeutic layer, to these already crunchy, tasty snacks!
1 tablespoon chia seeds
3 tablespoons of water
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 -3 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
2/3 cup pure organic extra virgin coconut oil
10 – 15 drops of pure therapeutic lavender essential oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender flowers
- Pre-heat the over to 165C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Mix chia seed and water to form a paste. Set aside.
- Crush lavender flowers in a mortar and pestle or put into plastic bag and pound with a glass or jar.
- Mix almond meal with baking soda and lavender until well combined.
- Warm coconut oil and add maple syrup or honey, then add vanilla, lavender essential oils and chia seeds last.
- Use your hands to mix together the wet and dry ingredients.
- Transfer to the fridge and let it rest for 10 minutes, then remove and roll into small balls.
- Flatten them a little, and place on baking paper on a baking tray, allowing room between each one to spread.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until eduges and tops are turning golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes, before removing to a cooling rack.
- Makes about 24 small biscuits.
Balances, soothes and cleanses the soul. Benefits respiratory, immune, endocrine, digestive systems.